KEY INFORMATION - Contact Details
The above Safeguarding Policy Statement refers to :
See the Church Policies page for our Safeguarding Policy Statement and our Safeguarding Policy (Child Protection).
The Church of England and the Methodist Church are committed to Safeguarding as an integral part of the life and ministry of the church.
We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. We are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility
- related to children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of abuse, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a safeguarding adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority social care services or the police without delay. If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 101.
Local contacts available to speak to regarding any concerns
Jennifer Normanton (Parish Safeguarding Officer).
Tel. 01484 713482. Email Click here to email
Revd Marion Russell. (Vicar)
Tel. 01484 713386 Email : click here to email
Jenny Price (Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser)
Tel: 0113 3530258 or 07800 740001; email: Click here to email
Our Local Authority Social Services is: Calderdale
Safeguarding Children and Young People Multi Agency Screening Team (MAST) Tel: 01422 393336 or if out of hours Emergency Duty Team 01422 288 000
Safeguarding Adults Gateway to Care Tel: 01422 393 000 or if out of hours Emergency Duty Team 01422 288 000
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Childline: 0800 1111
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Samaritans: 116 123